Cost Accounting Standards
September 10 @ 8:30 am - September 11 @ 4:30 pm$1095
The Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) was designed to promote uniform and consistent methods of accounting practices for contractors. This course explains to which contracts and contractors the Standards are applicable, and highlights the current and proposed exemptions to the Standards. Discussions include the requirements of all 19 Standards, the differences in accounting as compared to GAAP and IFRS, and methods of structuring your accounting system for compliance. The administrative requirements, including preparation of the Disclosure Statement, and post award contract adjustments due to changes in accounting practices are also covered.
- Identify when the Cost Accounting Standards are applicable and when a Disclosure Statement is required.
- Distinguish the differences between “modified” and “full” CAS coverage and to which contracts and subcontracts the Standards apply.
- Recognize the fundamental requirements and techniques of application for the Standards.
- Assess accounting system designs for compliance with the Standards.
- Appraise administrative requirements for changes to accounting practices and fundamentals of the General Dollar Magnitude and Detailed Cost Impact.
- Prepare the CASB Disclosure Statement.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
13 CLEs, 16 CLPs
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.