Federal Government Contract Accounting (TX)
November 6 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$595
Contracting with the U.S. Government can be challenging, but when you consider the unique accounting requirements, internal controls and system expectations, and government regulations, it can become overwhelming. This course is designed to help contractors navigate these requirements to successfully recover all allowable costs incurred in support of their contracts. Whether your company is new to government contracting or has years of experience, this course will help ensure you are up to speed on these changing accounting requirements.
- Discuss basic accounting terms and procedures required for contracting with the Federal Government
- Discuss the differences between direct and indirect costs and indirect cost allocation methods
- Discuss labor accounting system internal controls
- Discuss the applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations addressing the allowability, allocability and reasonableness of contract costs
- Discuss the accounting requirements for unallowable costs
- Discuss the different government contract types and interim financing methods
- Discuss special reporting requirements
Continuing Education Credits
5.5 CLE/ 0.55 CEU/ 6.5 CPE credits may be earned for this course. This course is recommended for 8 CLP credits.
This course has been approved for CLE in CA, PA, VA and TX. Because this activity has been approved in another CLE jurisdiction, you may also receive credit for participation in AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, HI, IL, ME, MT, NJ, NY, ND, and WI (additional state requirements may apply). If you are seeking CLE credits for a jurisdiction other than the ones listed above, please contact us for additional information.
This course can be submitted to Project Management Institute (PMI) for PDU. Upon their approval, it may be worth 5.5 PDU credits.
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.