- This event has passed.
Final Rate & Quick Closeouts
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$45
For years it seemed as though contractors responsibilities with regard to finalized indirect rates and contract closeout ended with submission of the incurred cost proposal. No longer. As DCAA clears the incurred cost proposal backlog, contractors and contracting officers are negotiating indirect rates, putting contractors on the clock to closeout their contracts. This seminar will help to familiarize contractors with the process and requirements surrounding final indirect rates and contract closeout.
• Know the methods by which final rates can be determined.
• Appreciate the impact of the new incurred cost proposal timelines enacted by congress.
• Understand the contractor’s options when final rates cannot be negotiated
• Learn the roles and responsibilities of the contractor and contracting officer during the closeout process.
• Analyze the basic steps needed to close out a contract or task/delivery order and tips about how to accomplish them to the mutual benefit of both contractor and agency alike;
• Describe ways to organize the information/materials needed for close out during contract performance to avoid unnecessary delays.
• Recognize the interplay between prime contractor closeout and subcontractor closeout, including options for subcontractor closeout when subcontractor rates have not been finalized.
Instructors: Jennifer Flickinger & Elizabeth Bair, Bakertilly