HOW: A Hands-On Workshop to Help You with Final Rate and Quick Closeout
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$295
For years it seemed as though contractor’s responsibilities with regard to finalized indirect rates and contract closeout ended with submission of the incurred cost proposal. As DCAA clears it incurred cost proposal backlog, contractors and contracting officers are finally able to negotiate final rates. This workshop will help to familiarize contractors with the process and requirements surrounding both settling final indirect rates and contract closeout. Our instructors will speak to closeout issues including: receiving final payments, ensuring past performance evaluations are submitted, and resolving any lingering disputes.
- Appreciate the impact of the new incurred cost proposal timelines enacted by Congress.
- Know the methods by which final rates can be determined.
- Understand the contractor’s options when final rates cannot be agreed to.
- Explain when a contract or task order can be closed without an audit and when an audit is needed;
- Describe ways to organize the information/materials needed for close out during contract performance to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of the contractor and contracting officer during the closeout process.
- Recognize the interplay between prime contractor closeout and subcontractor closeout, including options for subcontractor closeout when subcontractor rates have not been finalized.
- Analyze the basic steps needed to close out a contract or task/delivery order and tips about how to accomplish them to the mutual benefit of both contractor and agency alike;