Online: Government Contract Fundamentals & the Far Workshop
July 27 @ 9:00 am - July 29 @ 4:00 pm
One event on July 23, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on July 24, 2020 at 9:00 am
FAR Workshop (July 23-24)
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the FAR in order to locate, understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR in order to better understand the latitude and constraints of executing a business transaction involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system as well as build skills to train, mentor and coach others in usage of the FAR
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
Government Contracting Fundamentals (July 27-29)
The Fundamentals of Government Contracting course is a comprehensive, three-day overview and discussion of the federal government contracting process, including the procurement laws, regulations, and practical requirements applicable to it. For those who are new, relatively inexperienced, or require a supervisory understanding of government contracting, this course will provide an overview that will thoroughly familiarize the attendee with the federal contracting process, provide a strong foundation on which to build greater subject-matter expertise, and dispel common myths and misunderstandings. For those with some experience, the course will heighten knowledge, provide context, sharpen issue awareness, and improve the ability to operate successfully in this highly complex and competitive field. This “fundamentals” course is designed to be of benefit and interest to both government and contractor personnel, including contracting officers, contract and subcontract administrators, program and item managers, finance and accounting personnel, engineers, and attorneys (in-house, outside, government), among others.
Participants will gain a strong understanding of the fundamental aspects of key topical aspects of the government contracting arena. Areas include:
- The Setting: Branches of Government, Regulations, Purchasing Offices, and the Procurement Process
- Sealed Bidding
- Contract Negotiations
- Specifications: Purpose & Types
- Terms & Conditions
- Terminations for Default & Terminations for Convenience
- Delays and Suspensions