- This event has passed.
Organizational Conflicts of Interest in Government Contracting
December 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$595
This Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) course will provide an in-depth analysis of both OCI theory and OCI practice. The course will begin by analyzing different types of OCIs, regulatory provisions in the FAR and DFARS, and the obligations of both government and contractor as defined by the extensive and evolving case law from the GAO and courts. The next part of the course will be unique- it will provide practical, hands-on guidance to contracting personnel (and counsel who advise and assist them) so that they can understand and address OCI issues in order to maximize business opportunities, make wise business choices, and avoid wasting Bid and Proposal resources on lost causes. Similarly, this guidance will be invaluable to government agency procurement officials who want to understand how they can identify and resolve OCIs. The workshop will provide examples, case-based discussion scenarios, and take-home materials that contractors can adapt and use.
- Recognize the three types of organizational conflicts of interest and why they are important
- Identify requirements imposed by current FAR and DFARS regulations
- Analyze existing case law, with a resource to find more detailed information
- Identify potential organizational conflicts of interest with respect to both existing procurements and potential future procurements
- Identify and mitigate potential organizational conflicts of interest
- Adapt resources in order to mitigate potential organizational conflicts of interest
- Analyze how related areas of the law affect organizational conflicts of interest