Request for Equitable Adjustments/Claims/Terminations
May 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - May 14, 2020 @ 4:00 pm$995
This course focuses on the central role the Changes clause plays in the performance of government contracts. We address the use of the clause in ensuring that the government achieves its goals during contract performance, the use of the clause by contractors to assert requests for equitable adjustment when the conditions of performance change, the myriad of rules governing the negotiation of equitable adjustments, and the process of modifying the contract to accomplish these goals.
- Determine changes within the scope of the contract
- Identify actions of the government that constitute constructive changes
- Identify the rules governing the authority of government officials to make changes
- Determine how equitable adjustments are priced
- Determine how releases of claims are interpreted