- This event has passed.
Security Clearances: Navigating the Different Types & Application Procedures
December 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Are you seeking a job that requires you to obtain or maintain a security clearance? Increasingly, the best paying and most promising jobs in the Federal Government and in the Federal contracting world require security clearances. Do you have a key employee with a security clearance issue or hoping to help a potential new hire gain one? In the post-WikiLeaks environment, the Government has become more vigilant in screening candidates for cleared positions.
If so, this course go over the different types of security clearances and the different investigative requirements for each. Furthermore, it will cover each of the adjudicative guidelines considered in the security clearance investigation, as well as recent changes to the security clearance process.
• Firm understanding of the differences between the four main types of security clearances including: Confidential, Secret, Top Secret (TS) and TS/SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information)
• Key understanding of the main categories/adjudicative guidelines reviewed during the security clearance process including: Allegiance to The United States, Foreign Influence, Sexual Behavior, Personal Conduct, Financial Considerations, Alcohol and Drug Use, Psychological Conditions, Criminal Conduct, Handling Protected Information and Outside Activities
• How long the process can take and what to expect during the process
• The appeal process should you be notified of potential denial or revocation
• The impact of incident reports and potential loss of jurisdiction
• Reciprocity of the clearance when transferring between agencies