The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
October 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) enforcement continues to be a significant United States Government civil and criminal priority. While the United States continues to lead international anti-corruption enforcement efforts, other countries, mutli-lateral development banks, and quasi-regulators are also ramping up their interest in enacting and enforcing anti-corruption regulations.
This course will provide an overview of the three provisions of the FCPA. The expert faculty will discuss the current international anti-corruption regulatory landscape, including trends in recently settled FCPA cases. The expert faculty will also discuss:
- Designing and implementing compliance programs to prevent and detect inappropriate activities;
- Integrating third party reputational due diligence;
- The importance of proactive, anti-corruption audits to a robust anti-corruption compliance program;
- The role specialized corruption due diligence plays in mitigating risks in mergers and acquisitions;
- Corruption investigations; and
- Remediating compliance issues.
The Public Contracting Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.