- This event has passed.
Nash & Gray: Demystifying IP – Basic Principles Governing IP in Government Contracts; Government Use of Technology to Which is has Acquired No Rights
April 11, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$189
Intellectual Property issues are raised in nearly every Federal procurement, and are critical and foundational in high-tech acquisition. Most recently, we have witnessed a significant spike in the pace and significance of statutory and regulatory changes to the rules for acquiring IP, and understanding this evolution will be a focus area in the 2019 virtual class series. A key aspect of understanding how the game is changing, and what is likely to come next, is to understand the regulatory framework as it exists today, and understanding the rules for Government use of private IP when it has not previously acquired license rights. Session 1 lays the foundation for that understanding—not only to assist in keeping up with the ongoing regulatory changes, but also to help you prepare for and manage IP issues as they are coming up in your practice today. An overview of topics covered:
- Do the FAR and DFARS differ in the treatment of intellectual property under government contracts?
- How does the treatment of IP differ at the subcontract level?
- How do the rules and policies differ when dealing with commercial IP?
- Does the government have the right to use patents to which it has no rights?
- Does the government give its contractors the right to use patents to which it has no rights?
- When the government or its contractors use patents to which they have no rights, must the government compensate the patent owner?
Second Thursday of the Month (*exceptions)
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm (ET)
Click here for the full series registration!
April 11: Basic Principles Governing IP in Government Contracts; Government Use of Technology to Which is has Acquired No Rights
May 9: Emerging Issues in IP/Data Rights – New Legislation, the Section 813 Advisory Panel, and Beyond
June 13: Rights in Inventions & Patents; Introduction to Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software
July 11: Detailed Review of Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software; Special Rules for Commercial Technical Data and Computer Software
September 12: Determining the Requirements for Delivery and License Rights; Modular Open Systems Approaches
October 10: IP Rights Issues in Source Selections, and Negotiating Specialized Licenses or Deliveries
November 14: Emerging Issues in IP/Data Rights – Part 2: Developments in the Aftermath of the Section 813 Panel; Issues on the Horizon
- April 11, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Nash & Gray: Demystifying IP – Basic Principles Governing IP in Government Contracts; Government Use of Technology to Which is has Acquired No Rights
- Event Categories:
- Intellectual Property, Nash & Gray: Demystifying Intellectual Property/Data Rights in Government Contracts
- Delivery Method
- Live Virtual Training
Demystifying Intellectual Property/Data Rights in Government Contracts: SBIR; Data Rights in PracticeApril 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Demystifying Intellectual Property/Data Rights in Government Contracts: Patent IssuesMay 9 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
FREE: GovCon 101 – Data RightsMay 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm