Contract Changes and Equitable Adjustments
November 30, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
One event on March 22, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on March 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on July 18, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on July 19, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on July 20, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on November 28, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on November 29, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on November 30, 2023 at 10:00 am
This course focuses on the central role the Changes clause plays in the performance of government contracts. It addresses the use of the clause in ensuring the government achieves its goals during contract performance. The use of the clause by contractors to assert requests for equitable adjustment when the conditions of performance change, the myriad of rules governing the negotiation of equitable adjustments, and the process of modifying the contract to accomplish these goals are covered.
- Identify constructive changes.
- Identify excusable delays and suspensions of work.
- Learn the rules governing inspection, acceptance and warranties.
- Identify the grounds for default termination.
- Learn the rules governing terminations for convenience.
- Determine how to price adjustments.
- Learn the rules governing payment and discharge.