- This event has passed.
COR 222: Contracting Officer’s Representative
June 3, 2019 @ 8:30 am - June 7, 2019 @ 4:30 pm$1180
This five-day course is specifically designed for Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) who are responsible for assuring that contractors perform in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract. COR 222 provides CORs the breadth of knowledge required to perform their role, including knowledge related to COR roles and responsibilities. This course also covers fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact COR responsibilities; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations, apply knowledge gained, and make correct decisions to carry out COR responsibilities.
- Recognize the duties, limitations and authority of the COR.
- Identify key laws and regulations that address fraud, waste and abuse and ethical considerations in federal contracting
- Recognize COR responsibilities in acquisition mission support planning and award process
- Given a contract action, identify the delegated technical functions for which the COR is responsible as outlined in the delegation letter.
- Recognize the COR’s role in tracking contract expenditures
- Recognize the importance of the COR as a representative of the contracting officer during performance of the contract
- Describe a COR’s responsibilities in inspecting and accepting goods and services
- Identify major requirements for timely invoice review and payments
- Identify control and disposition requirements for government furnished or leased assets
- Identify the unique characteristics of a construction contract
- Identify the unique characteristics of contracts in major systems and R&D acquisitions