- This event has passed.
Cracking Open the CMMC
May 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm$1140
Last year DoD embarked on an effort to improve the cybersecurity of its supplier base in order to reduce the threat that potential adversaries and nonstate actors pose in terms of the theft of intellectual property and infiltration of government systems. OSD announced at the inception of this undertaking that security should not be traded for cost, schedule and performance.
CMMC is focused on enhancing the security of federal contract information and controlled unclassified information (CUI) in the supply chain. https://www.acq.osd.mil/cmmc/index.html
The CMMC is a multi-faceted program based on a standard upon which contractors are evaluated and assigned a certification, levels 1 – 5. Future DoD contracts, RFIs beginning in May 2020 and RFPs beginning in Sep 2020, will identify the rating a contractor must have in order to be eligible to receive award of the contract.
The model includes:
- FAR 52.204-21
- NIST SP 800-171, https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-171/rev-1/final
- DFARS 252.204-7012
- CMMC Accreditation Board (AB), https://www.cmmcab.org/
Certifications will be awarded to companies by private sector organizations, certified third-party assessment organizations (C3PAOs), applying the CMMC model to the company’s information technology “hygiene.” The C3PAOs in turn will be accredited by a private sector non-profit organization, the CMMC Accreditation Board (AB), https://www.cmmcab.org/.
CMMC Training Guides to Emerge in March https://www.afcea.org/content/cmmc-training-guides-emerge-march
Dates and Topics
Second Tuesday of the Month
- 1/14 – Cracking Open an RFP
- 2/11 – Cracking Open the FAR
- 3/10 – Cracking Open Professor Nash’s Formation of Government Contracts (2011)
- 4/14 – Cracking Open the CPSR Guidebook
- 5/12 – Cracking Open the CMMC
- 6/9 – Cracking Open Professor Nash’s Administration of Government Contracts (2006)
- 7/14 – Cracking Open the DFAR
- 8/11 – Cracking Open the Guidebook for Performance Based Services
- 9/8 – Cracking Open the DoD’s Other Transactions Guide
- 10/13 – Cracking Open the DoD Commercial Items Guide
- 11/10 – Cracking Open the ITAR