- This event has passed.
Cracking Open Government Contracting Webinar Series
July 14, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm$1140
Government contracting is very complex, and rife with arcane rules from a variety of sources. Indeed, there are so many statutes, regulations, manuals/handbooks and codes that it’s impossible to know everything in government contracting. The secret is that, instead of knowing everything, the good accountant, lawyer, or program manager will know where to find the rules that are relevant to the situation. Join PCI as our experts explore a different source of government contracts information each month.
During each session of Cracking Open Government Contracting, an expert from PCI will show you how to navigate a different key, but complicated, government contracts source: They’ll explain what is, and what is not, in the source; how the source is structured; and what the most important rules – and how to avoid the pitfalls — in the source. This series will help you discover what you didn’t know, how to find information that you need to know, and what to do with that information once you’ve found it.
We will cover:
- Foundational Materials in Government Contracting
- How Covered Materials are Organized
- Proper “Use Cases” for Covered Materials
- Hazards and “Inconsistencies” in Those Materials
- Standard Provisions and Exceptions in the Material
Dates and Topics
Second Tuesday of the Month
- 1/14 – Cracking Open an RFP
- 2/11 – Cracking Open the FAR
- 3/10 – Cracking Open Professor Nash’s Formation of Government Contracts (2011)
- 4/14 – Cracking Open the CPSR Guidebook
- 5/12 – Cracking Open the CMMC
- 6/9 – Cracking Open Professor Nash’s Administration of Government Contracts (2006)
- 7/14 – Cracking Open the DFAR
- 8/11 – Cracking Open the Guidebook for Performance Based Services
- 9/8 – Cracking Open the DoD’s Other Transactions Guide
- 10/13 – Cracking Open the DoD Commercial Items Guide
- 11/10 – Cracking Open the ITAR