- This event has passed.
Direct & Indirect Cost Basics: In Today’s Environment
June 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$399
Many federal contractors struggle with the design and setup of their overhead pools and overall indirect rate structure. It’s design is vital in determining how much of the organization’s indirect cost can be recouped on each of its contracts. Companies trying to enter the government contracting arena may be setting up a rate structure for the first time. More mature contractors may be evaluating whether or not changes to the indirect rate structure would benefit the organization. This live webinar will navigate through many areas for consideration when evaluating overhead rates. This webinar is geared for the person(s) involved in the evaluation and management of the indirect rate structure, in contract finance, and others who want to better understand overhead rates and indirect rate structures. We will also incorporate discussions related to the new DFARS 231.205-79 CARES Act Section 3610 – Implementation.
- Indirect Rate Structure Basics
- Direct vs. Indirect Costs
- Indirect Cost Pools and Bases
- 2 Tier vs. 3 Tier Rate Structure
- What Costs Can/Cannot Be Included
- Allowable, Allocable, and Reasonable Costs
- Unallowable vs. Expressly Unallowable Costs
- Penalties for Unallowable Costs
- Other Considerations
- Industry / Size / Location
- COVID 19 – DFARS 231.205-79