- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Contracting and Subcontracting (TX)
February 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am - February 28, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
One event on July 30, 2019 at 9:00 am
This is a combination seminar that integrates the topics of contracting with the Federal Government as a prime contractor, subcontracting to fulfill prime contract obligations, or performing work as a subcontractor. This “fundamentals” course is designed to be of benefit and interest to both government and contractor personnel, including contract and subcontract administrators, program and item managers, finance and accounting personnel, engineers, and attorneys (in-house, outside, government), among others.
The first two days will review the Federal Acquisition system, significant acquisition policy areas, the Federal Acquisition Regulations & the rule-making process, methods of contracting, contract formation, and contract administration. The third day will be a deeper dive into subcontracting, both as a prime contractor and as a sub-contractor and cover the basic Government requirements, compliance, clause flow-down, and closeout.
Cases and exercises are used to practice the participant in analyzing FAR-centered contracting issues, reinforce contracting concepts, and apply FAR principles
Location: Denver, CO
- Gain a strong understanding of the key topical areas in the government contracting arena.
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the federal acquisition system and rule-making.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures to better understand the latitude and constraints of a business transaction involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Recognize the components of a typical government contract and discuss the use and applicability of specific contract clauses.
- Understand the different contract types, and their associated opportunities and risks.
- Understand the various competition alternatives.
- Explore various procurement methods and discuss the processes affiliated with each.
- Understand the basics and the complexities of sub-contracting in the Federal arena, as a prime or as a sub.
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
Among the Topics to Be Covered:
- Key Laws and Regulations
- Roles & Key participants
- Review of the Federal Acquisition Regulation System (FAR & supplements)
- Socioeconomic Issues
- Labor Laws
- Foreign acquisition
- Procurement Integrity
- Organizational Conflict of Interest
- Contract Formation
- Methods of Procurement
- Commercial Item Acquisition
- Contract Types
- Contract Pricing Issues
- Government Property
- Disputes and Appeals