- This event has passed.
Navigating the FAR: Practical Applications
December 6, 2018 @ 8:30 am - December 7, 2018 @ 4:30 pm
One event on July 16, 2020 at 8:30 am
One event on December 10, 2020 at 8:30 am
This fast-paced interactive course examines the organization, content, policy and procedures of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it applies to Federal acquisition. Designed for new professionals in both government and industry, as well as more experienced professionals, to build or update their familiarity with the Federal Government’s procurement system. The course includes a review of the topical divisions of the FAR, exercises to help the participant find and analyze FAR contracting issues, and group activities to reinforce the application of FAR principles.
- Identify the foundations, organization, and principles of the FAR.
- Learn to “navigate” the FAR in order to understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions.
- Analyze the purpose of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR to better understand the constraints on, and the latitude available to, government procurement officials.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system.
- Build skills to train, mentor and coach others using the FAR.
- Improve participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
13 CLEs, 16 CLPs