The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
October 7 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$595
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) enforcement continues to be a significant United States Government civil and criminal priority. While the United States continues to lead international anti-corruption enforcement efforts, other countries, mutli-lateral development banks, and quasi-regulators are also ramping up their interest in enacting and enforcing anti-corruption regulations.
This course will provide an overview of the three provisions of the FCPA. The expert faculty will discuss the current international anti-corruption regulatory landscape, including trends in recently settled FCPA cases. The expert faculty will also discuss:
- Designing and implementing compliance programs to prevent and detect inappropriate activities;
- Integrating third party reputational due diligence;
- The importance of proactive, anti-corruption audits to a robust anti-corruption compliance program;
- The role specialized corruption due diligence plays in mitigating risks in mergers and acquisitions;
- Corruption investigations; and
- Remediating compliance issues.