- This event has passed.
Building a Compliance Roadmap for Cybersecurity Maturity
July 27, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$90
In this 1.5 hour long practical course participants will learn from attorneys Alex Major and Franklin Turner of McCarter & English, cybersecurity expert Ryan Heidorn of Steel Root, and experienced IT auditor Nick DeLena of DGC, how to build and operate a compliant cybersecurity compliance program that will help federal contractors align their current and future technology architecture to the evolving legal requirements inherent in their contracts. The topics covered will include:
- The obligations under which federal contractors must operate (FAR, DFARS, CMMC, Agency efforts)
- Understanding what “cybersecurity maturity” means (and its implications towards CMMC)
- Defining a system boundary for Controlled Unclassified Information
- Understanding, implementing, and using a System Security Plan (SSP)
- Developing a “Current Profile” and “Target Profile” for your organization
- Crafting policies that align operations and requirements and the Procedures necessary to follow them
- Timelines and strategies for IT and leadership
- Impact of cloud services on cybersecurity obligations
- Cyber incident reporting when things go wrong: why, who, when and how
- How to account for and manage growth and uncertainty
Continuing Education Credits
CLE: This course is recommended for 1.5 CLE credit.
CLP: This course is recommended for 2 CLP credit.
CPE: This course is recommended for 1.5 CPE credit.
CEU: This course is recommended for .2 CEU credit.
PDU: This course is recommended for 1.5 PDU credit.