- Understand the major differences between government and commercial contracting.
- Understand the principle laws and regulations that affect the federal procurement environment.
- Become familiar with the major components of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Understand the government’s legal environment and the players on the government’s contracting team.
- Understand the different contract types, and their associated opportunities and risks.
- Understand competition alternatives, including full and open competition, set-asides, and sole-source procurements.
- Explore various procurement methods and discuss the processes affiliated with each, including competitive negotiations, sealed bidding, simplified acquisition, and federal supply schedules.
- Identify multiple types of compliance requirements, audits, and reviews, and the associated penalties for non-compliance.
- Recognize the components of a typical government contract and discuss the use and applicability of specific contract clauses, including inspections, changes, terminations, delays, and disputes
Hello and thank you for joining us for our Episode 20 FAR Facts of Fun with the FAR Season 10! Our next session will cover: FAR Parts 34 and 35. Far Part 34 covers Major System Acquisition and FAR Part 35 covers Research and Development Contracting. As we prepare for...