Hello and thank you for joining us for our first eight Episodes of Fun with the FAR Season 10! During this session we learned about FAR Part 15 and negotiated contracts.
Our next session will cover: FAR Parts 9 (Contractor Qualifications) and 14 (Sealed Bidding).
As we prepare for our ninth episode of Season 10, here are a few FAR Facts for us to think about
Contracts awarded using other than sealed bidding procedures are “negotiated contracts.” FAR 15.000.
- Exchanges of information between the Government and industry are permitted and encouraged during the pre- solicitation stage. FAR 15.201(a).
- The Government may request oral presentations in FAR Part 15 negotiated contracts. FAR 15.102.
- Contracting officers are required to take detailed notes during oral presentations to document what the Government relied upon for purposes of source selection. FAR 15.102(d)-(e). A best practice is for the contracting officer to tape record the oral presentation.
- The Government is required to evaluate price or cost in all FAR Part 15 acquisitions. FAR 15.304(c)(1).
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that include FAR 52.215-1(f)(4) permit the Government to award a FAR Part 15-based contract upon receipt of initial proposals.
- Proprietary information included in a contractor’s proposal will be protected from third party disclosure if it is properly marked in accordance with FAR 52.215-1(e).
Join us for FAR Part 9 (Contractor Qualifications), FAR Part 14 (Sealed Bidding), and FAR Part 15 (Contracting By Negotiation)