What’s Online at PCI 2020
An Inclusive List of Everything Online at PCI – drop down the events to see dates and more information.
George Mason University Live Seminars Online
We’ve moved many of our most popular programs online! Join us for these popular GMU certificate trainings on our online platform.
Government Contracting Fundamentals – May 3-6, Nov 30-Dec 3
The FAR Workshop – May 11-13, Oct 5-7
Contractor Purchasing System Reviews – Jun 22-23, Oct 25-26
Subcontract Management – Apr 20-21, Jun 8-9, Nov 8-9
Gov’t Contract Compliance and Cybersecurity – Jun 1-2, Sept 27-28
Contract Pricing and Pricing Fundamentals – Jun 9-10, Nov 10-11
Contract Cost Accounting Deep Dive –Jun 14-17, Oct 18-21
Accounting and Auditing for Gov’t Contractors – Mar 10-12, Oct 12-14
Ethics and Compliance in Gov’t Contracting – Jun 10-11, Sept 29-30
Timekeeping for Government Contractors – Mar 8-9, Sept 15-16
Negotiation Strategies and Techniques – Dec 1-4 (2020), Mar 15-18, Nov 15-18
Contract Changes and Equitable Adjustments – Mar 23-25, Nov 2-4
Gov’t Contracting Executive Briefings – Feb 04 – Oct 21
The PCI Forum
PCI Forum Series
- FAR and DFARS Update – 1:00-2:30pm Dec 2
- CAS – The Series – 10:00-11:00am 16 Thursdays, July – October
- Successful Proposals: From Preparation to Award – 10:00am-3:00pm, October 7
- Price Analysis: Drafting and Evaluating – 10:00am-3:00pm September 28
- Auditing Indirect Rates – 12:00-2:00pm October 6
- PCI’s Annual Compliance Symposium – 10:00am-3:30pm October 12-13
- Managing Government Property – 2:00-3:30pm October 28, November 4, 11, 18
- Preparing the Incurred Cost Submission – 1:00-4:00pm November 3-5
- CMMC: Policy and Technical Requirements – 2:00-4:00pm November 3
- Section 889 in 2021 – 2:00-3:30pm November 4
- Understanding and Protecting Technical Data Rights – 12:00-3:30pm November 18
Upcoming PCI Forum Webinars
- False Claims Act Update (FREE) – 2:00-3:00pm September 23
FREE Webinars: The webinar is free. If you need a certificate of accreditation, there is a $45.00 processing charge. To Register for FREE webinars at no cost, use the code: NoCreditFree
Thank you for choosing PCI for your educational needs, and please do not hesitate to suggest any topics that you would like covered by emailing email@example.com
FUN with the FAR Season 8
26 Bi-Weekly* Sessions from November 18, 2020 to October 27, 2021
Covering each Part of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and created to make the FAR approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. This training is delivered in an innovative talk-show format with PCI’s most gregarious instructor Steve Daoust as your host and a different subject matter expert each session.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is a complex set of rules governing the federal government’s purchasing process. Its purpose is to ensure purchasing procedures are standard, consistent and conducted in a fair and impartial manner. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the FAR. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This webinar is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
Why Fun with the FAR is unique and valuable:
- Study Guides/Workbooks. A great preparation tool before the session and resource after the session.
- Active Listening & Participation. Information shared through active conversation between host, guest, and participants rather than lecture.
- FAR Facts. Summary documents of important key points are provided after each session.
- Networking Opportunities. PCI has developed a special LinkedIn site for participants to interact with each other and instructors throughout the year. The site will also be used to update folks on FAR-related topics throughout the year.
- Access & Interaction with Experts. Before, during, and after the session our experts will help you understand and navigate the FAR! Plus, you have unlimited access to all recordings and resource materials in our comprehensive on-line library.
And, we have Fun!
- Trivia, Prizes, and More. For added fun, our instructors ask both Contracting and Pop Culture trivia, giving out lots of prizes each week. Prizes include t-shirts, golf shirts, umbrellas, shopping bags, coffee mugs and the ever-popular FUN with the FAR Stress Toy!
Season 8 Changes
- Extended Sessions. Sessions will run 12:00-1:40; an extra ten minutes to earn two full CPE credits per session; 52 CPEs for the year.
- Updated Study Guides and Title Slides. While we intentionally do not teach via PowerPoint slides, this year we have developed “fun” transition slides to help you follow along with your updated workbook outlines.
- Always Fresh. Our experts update the materials each year to reflect the cutting edge in government contracting. Keep your team up-to-date on the latest changes to the FAR as our instructors cover yearly changes and address new developments in real time.
- Customized Learning. Participants will help develop the focus of instruction through surveys and direct feedback to instructor prior to each session.
*Please see schedule tab for list of class dates. Occasionally the sessions are held either one or three weeks apart to accommodate holidays.
- Learn how to navigate the FAR to work effectively and efficiently in the acquisition of supplies, services and construction.
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of how to research, interpret and apply the rules correctly.
- Understand why knowledge of the regulations is so critical to the success of each acquisition and contract
- Gain confidence and familiarity with every section of the FAR to:
- select the right clauses.
- identify the correct procedures to get the best possible contract and remain in compliance.
- Learn best in class acquisition and contracting methods.
- And much, much more!
DFUN with the DFARS Season 5
12 Instructor-Led Virtual Training Sessions from January 2021 to December 2021
Covering each Part of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and created to make the DFARS approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. All sessions will be recorded and accessible as a podcast throughout the year.
The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) is a supplement specific to Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions. The DFARS provides acquisition regulations that must be followed by both DoD government acquisition professionals and contractors who do business with the DoD. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the DFARS. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This Virtual Training is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
The instructor and guest will answer your questions in real-time so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
Interactive & Content Rich
- Class will be taught through a dynamic dialogue with guests and students in a unique radio show format.
- No Power Points – We will provide outlines straight to the source, the DFARS.
- Attend the show in person, by Live Adobe Virtual Training, or
- Listen to the recording of the show anytime throughout the year
Efficient & Cost Effective
- Share the experience – schedule as a staff meeting for all to join. High Quality Low Cost Training for your Team!
- Audience participation will be highly encouraged and generously rewarded with prizes such as Starbucks gift cards given out on every show.
May the Clause Be with You℠ Season 3
Thursdays 11:00AM – 12:00PM (approx.)
2020 Annual Subscription includes 25 Short, Focused Sessions, 30-40 Minutes in Length, to Highlight the How and Why of Important FAR and DFARS Clauses
In this bi-weekly program, our experts will select and introduce to you—in a practical way—some of the most important but often misused FAR contract clauses in an easy-to-digest 30- to 40-minute Webinars. Some of those clauses in particular, those set forth in FAR PART 52, without doubt establish a critical foundation in every Federal Government Contract. You might even say they’re the “Force” that binds a contract together! Thus, mastering when, how, and even if certain clauses should be referenced or used is a goal all should try to achieve. But due to the intimidation caused by the complexity of these clauses (especially for the beginner), that goal is often seen as impossibly out-of-reach. PCI and their expert FAR Clause Masters are ready to raise the level of your mindfulness and acumen of the FAR in a unique way.
Every session will lead to your understanding the “why” and “how” a selected clause should be used and, for prime contractors, how it should be used in federal subcontracts or adapted to commercial contracts. FAR and DFARS clauses that will be addressed throughout the year include those addressing the following topics:
- Contractor Ethics Codes/Business Ethics and Conduct
- Audit and Records
- Acquisition of Commercial Items
- Cost and Pricing Analysis
- Allowable Costs and Payment
- Subcontract Management
- Government Property
- and more!
A short, live question/answer session will also follow each webinar. This special program will also be available via recording, so you can increase your knowledge where and when you want to! Don’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to have fun and raise the level of your FAR Clause knowledge from Padawan to Master. May the Clause Be with YouSM, always!
All sessions are recorded. Topics announced roughly a month in advance.
- Jan 15 – FAR 52.215-8, Order of Precedence
- Jan 29 – FAR 52.2490-1 through -6, Termination clauses
- Feb 12 – FAR 52.222-62. Paid Sick Leave Under Executive Order 13706
- Feb 26 – FAR 52.203-13, Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Mar 11 – FAR 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity
- Mar 25 – COVID-19 Steps Contractors Should Be Taking Now
- Apr 8 – FAR 52.215-20 and -21, Requirements for Certified Cost or Pricing Data and Data Other Than Certified Cost or Pricing Data and Modifications
- Apr 22 – FAR 52.202-1, Definitions
- May 6 – DFARS 252.204-7012, Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting
- May 20 – FAR 52.203-13, Code of Ethics
- Jun 3- FAR 52.212-4, Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses
- Jun 17- FAR 52.247-64, Preference for Privately Owned U.S.-Flag Commercial Vessels
- Jul 1
- Jul 15
- Jul 29
- Aug 12
- Aug 26
- Sep 9
- Sep 23
- Oct 7
- Oct 21
- Nov 4
- Nov 18
- Dec 2
- Dec 16
Online Programs in the Bundle
Case of the Month
Financial Forum Webinar Series
May the Clause Be with You
A program in which our expert instructors will take a deep dive into recent decisions involving issues that affect all of us on a regular basis. Since we will look at recent cases based on their importance to Government Contracting, we will set the class’s topic 3-4 weeks prior to the program. This will help keep the program fresh.
January 12: Principles of Fiscal Law and Government Contracts
February 9: Contract Types and Bid Protests
March 9: Cost Reasonableness and Allowability Overview and Updates
April 13: Cost Estimating and Truthful Cost or Pricing Data Requirements
May 11: Selected Cost Principles Part 1: Compensation, Travel, Legal and related costs
June 8: Selected Cost Principles Part 2: Selling, B&P, IR&D, and related costs
September 14: The Cost Accounting Standards
October 12: Pricing Requests for Equitable Adjustments and Pursuing Claims
November 9: Developments in Cost and Pricing Issues: A Year in Review
Jan 12 –
Supply Chain Symposium Webinar Series
Cybersecurity: It Isn’t Just for Techies Anymore!
Dave Drabkin’s Hot Topics Featuring Experts in Government & Industry
January 27: Update – Mandatory FAR Flow-Down Clauses and Best Practices
February 24: Update – Advanced Flow-Downs, Mandatory DFARS Clauses and Best Practices
March 31: CMMC Has Arrived—Is Your Supply Chain Ready?
April 28: Navigating Recent Changes to the Small Business Landscape
May 26: Update – New Developments Regarding Stimulus Legislation, Government Investigations and PPP Loans
June 30: Latest Developments in Supply Chain Pricing and Cost Issues
January 21: Introduction and Overview
February 18: Protecting Sensitive Information
March 18: Regulations and Standards
April 15: The Cloud and FedRAMP
May 20: Confronting the Threat – Sharing Information and Spreading the Risk
June 17: Breach Investigation and Response
Topics to be decided 2-3 months prior.
Feb 25 – Contracting in The New Administration
Mar 25 – CMMC
Effective Proposals Series
HR/Labor Compliance for Federal Contractors Webinar Series
Professor’s Forum 2021
February 11: Technical and Management Evaluations
February 25: Price Evaluations
March 11: Past Performance Evaluations
March 25: Cost Realism Evaluations
April 8: Key Personnel Evaluations
April 22: Socioeconomic Evaluations
May 13: Responsibility Evaluations and Source Selection
August 19: Understanding the Impact of OFCCP Policy Changes on Federal Contractors
September 16: The impact of Non-Disclosure Agreements
October 21: Collective Bargaining for the Federal Contractor
November 18: An Update on Workplace Policy
December 16: Minimizing Your Legal Risk for Whistleblower Claims under the False Claims Act
Feb 11: Commercial Items
Mar 11: IDIQ Contracting
Apr 8: Assessing Capability
May 13: Pricing Equitable Adjustments
June 10: Other Transactions
Sept 9: Personal and
Oct 14: Terminations
Nov 11: Protecting Proprietary Rights