This course is currently closed
The Demystifying Intellectual Property in Government Contracting virtual class series provides access to two experts in Government Contracting Intellectual Property law and policy, on a monthly basis. The sessions will dive deep into important and timely issues related to IP and Data Rights for government employees and contractors. And, of course, bring your questions to the sessions.
Mar 14 – Data rights under the FAR, commercial computer software issues, open source software issues
Slides | Recording
- Does the government treat technical data and computer software pertaining to commercial items differently than technical data and computer software pertaining to noncommercial items?
- Is there a definition of a commercial item?
- Can the government accept the vendor’s standard commercial license when it buys commercial computer software?
- Can the government allow competitors of the vendor to modify or upgrade commercial computer software?
- Can the government modify or upgrade commercial computer software with its own employees?
- How should a contractor deal with subcontractors furnishing commercial items?