Join FORVIS’ Bill Walter for an interactive discussion of profit and fee determination on Government contracts. FAR 15.404-4(b) that requires a contracting officer to use a structured approach to establish a profit or fee objective. While the FAR does not identify a specific approach that must be followed, it does identify some of the factors that should be considered. Some agencies, such as the Department of Defense and NASA, do have their own structured approaches that are used by contracting officers within each agency. Bill will discuss various tools and methods of determining profit and fee objectives.
Among the topics to be discussed will be:
- Profit as a motivator for the contractor
- Structured approaches and relevant factors that should be considered
- Agency specific structured approaches to profit and fee
- Cost of Money and its impact on profit objectives
- Statutory limitations on fee
- Strategies for negotiating profit and fee objectives