This class is a “deeper dive” on a particular aspect of Other Transaction Authority (OTA, non-FAR based contract agreement) specifically covering how the Government (and therefore industry) works OTs with consortia.
Today, the OTA is often used by the Government as “the right contract/agreement strategy” enabling a focus on the intended acquisition environment, constraints, and desired outcomes. An OT Consortium is a relationship with a government sponsor and a collection of traditional and non-traditional vendors, non-profit organizations, and academia aligned to a domain area (i.e., cyber, space, undersea, propulsion, medical, etc.) managed by a single entity, and focused on innovative solutions to government technology challenges meeting the intended scope and purpose of OTs. OTAs are often awarded by Federal agencies to a consortium to manage an industry interface on behalf of the Government entity and we need to be aware going into that relationship how it operates in order to advantage our cause.
This class will focus on:
- A Brief OTA Background and Purpose (Establishing Context)
- Consortia Establishment and Operations (Inclusive of a Consortia Management Firm)
- Maturity of Consortia Landscape (Examples of Consortia)
- Pipeline Development & Capture with Consortia
- Planning for this course (at this time) includes an interview with a specific Consortium exclusively for additional content for this course.