The Cost Principles discuss the what costs the Government may and may not pay during a contract, how they must be accounted for, and how the contractor must treat certain types of cost-creating items. During this 3-hour program, our expert, Jennifer Flickinger, will dive into the Cost Principles – what are they, what do they say, when do they apply, and more!
- History of CAS & FAR
- Layout and Structure of Part 31
- What are the Cost Principles?
- When do they apply?
- Why are they important to me?
- What happens when I ignore them?
- What is the CAS, and why are we bringing it up during a Cost Principles training?
- Primer on Direct and Indirect Rates
- Direct Rates
- Indirect Rates
- Cost Allocability
- Establishing an Indirect Rates
- Selected Costs and FAR 31.205
- Common Cost Hazards
- Cost Best Practices
- Contracts with Special Rules