DID YOU KNOW? Per FAR 35.007, a FAR Part 35 Research and Development (R&D) procurement is not subject to standard FAR Part 5 publication or FAR Part 6 “full and open” requirements. This is due to the government’s desire to save time and money and fund only the most experienced and highest quality of researchers to conduct their basic research, applied research, and/or development. Don’t forget that many R&D contracts are solely for research with no expectation that it results in something being developed or created from that research!
This blog does not provide any legal advice regarding any particular transaction.
- CONTRACTING OFFICER’S CLAIM WAS NOT “FINAL DECISION” BECAUSE IT INVITED CONTRACTOR TO SUBMIT FACTS AND DOCUMENTATION BEFORE FINAL DECISION
- PROTEST TO GAO IS UNTIMELY IF PRIOR AGENCY LEVEL PROTEST WAS UNTIMELY
- DON’T BUY SOFTWARE OR OTHER NEEDS FOR AN OPTION BEFORE IT IS EXERCISED
- INACTIVE SAM REGISTRATION AT TIME OF BID SUBMISSION IS AN IMMATERIAL AND CURABLE DEFECT
- MUST AN AGENCY PERMIT PRICE CHANGES IN FINAL PROPOSAL REVISIONS?