Hello and thank you for joining us for our first six Episodes of Fun with the FAR Season 10!
Our next session will cover: FAR Part 12 (Acquisition of Commercial Items) and Part 13 (Simplified Acquisition Procedures).
As we prepare for our seventh episode of Season 10, here are a few FAR Facts for us to think about
- A contracting officer may use the procurement principles set forth in FAR Parts 13, 14, or 15 for theprocurement of commercial products or commercial services, provided they are consistent with the rules of FAR Part 12.
- Contracts for commercial products or commercial services shall rely upon contractor’s existing quality assurance systems as a substitute for Government inspection and testing before tender of acceptance unless customary market practices for the commercial product or commercial service being acquired includes in-process inspection. Government inspection must be consistent with commercial and not government/military standards. FAR 12.208.
- Changes to a commercial product or commercial services contract may be made only by written agreement by the Government and the contractor. FAR 52.212-4(c).
- Contracting officers are not permitted to break down a requirement into small procurements valued
at less than the SAT for the purpose of utilizing FAR Part 13 procedures. FAR 13.003(c)(2).
- Contracting officers should use the System for Award Management (SAM) as their primary source of
vendor selection information. FAR 13.102(a).
- Use of an SF 44 is the most common way the Government issues “purchase orders” under FAR Part 13.