FUN with the FAR
26 Bi-Weekly* Sessions from January 11, 2022 to December 13, 2023
Covering each Part of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and created to make the FAR approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. This training is delivered in an innovative talk-show format with PCI’s most gregarious instructor Steve Daoust as your host and a different subject matter expert each session.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is a complex set of rules governing the federal government’s purchasing process. Its purpose is to ensure purchasing procedures are standard, consistent and conducted in a fair and impartial manner. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the FAR. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This webinar is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
Why Fun with the FAR is unique and valuable:
- Study Guides. A great preparation resource that provide takeaway guidance long after the FUN has ended.
- Active Listening & Participation. Information shared through active conversation between host, guest, and participants rather than lecture.
- FAR Facts. Summary documents of important key points are provided after each session.
- Networking Opportunities. PCI has developed a special LinkedIn site for participants to interact with each other and instructors throughout the year. The site will also be used to update folks on FAR-related topics throughout the year.
- Access & Interaction with Experts. Before, during, and after the session our experts will help you understand and navigate the FAR! Plus, you have unlimited access to all recordings and resource materials in our comprehensive on-line library.
And, we have Fun!
- Trivia, Prizes, and More. For added fun, our instructors ask both Contracting and Pop Culture trivia, giving out lots of prizes each week. Prizes include t-shirts, golf shirts, umbrellas, shopping bags, coffee mugs and the ever-popular FUN with the FAR Stress Toy!
2023 Season Features!
- No Homework. Departing from previous years, we will have a short quiz ahead of the session, and will distribute a study guide – however, the lengthy homework is gone.
- Always Fresh. Our experts update the materials each year to reflect the cutting edge in government contracting. Keep your team up-to-date on the latest changes to the FAR as our instructors cover yearly changes and address new developments in real time.
- Customized Learning. Participants will help develop the focus of instruction through surveys and direct feedback to instructor prior to each session.
*Please see schedule tab for list of class dates. Occasionally the sessions are held either one or three weeks apart to accommodate holidays.
- Learn how to navigate the FAR to work effectively and efficiently in the acquisition of supplies, services and construction.
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of how to research, interpret and apply the rules correctly.
- Understand why knowledge of the regulations is so critical to the success of each acquisition and contract
- Gain confidence and familiarity with every section of the FAR to:
- select the right clauses.
- identify the correct procedures to get the best possible contract and remain in compliance.
- Learn best in class acquisition and contracting methods.
- And much, much more!
DFUN with the DFARS
12 Instructor-Led Virtual Training Sessions from January 2023 to December 2023
Covering each Part of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and created to make the DFARS approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. All sessions will be recorded and accessible as a podcast throughout the year.
The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) is a supplement specific to Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions. The DFARS provides acquisition regulations that must be followed by both DoD government acquisition professionals and contractors who do business with the DoD. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the DFARS. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This Virtual Training is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
The instructor and guest will answer your questions in real-time so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
Interactive, Flexible & Content Rich
- Class will be taught through a dynamic dialogue with guests and students in a unique radio show format.
- Attend the show in person, by Live Adobe Virtual Training, or
- Listen to the recording of the show anytime throughout the year
Efficient & Cost Effective
- Share the experience – schedule as a staff meeting for all to join. High Quality Low Cost Training for your Team!
- Audience participation will be highly encouraged and generously rewarded with prizes such as Starbucks gift cards given out on every show.