FUN with the FAR Season 9
February 2, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:40 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until October 28, 2022
One event on November 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on November 16, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on November 30, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on December 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
26 Bi-Weekly* Sessions from January 5, 2022 to December 14, 2022
Covering each Part of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and created to make the FAR approachable and thought provoking for contracting professionals at all levels. This training is delivered in an innovative talk-show format with PCI’s most gregarious instructor Steve Daoust as your host and a different subject matter expert each session.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is a complex set of rules governing the federal government’s purchasing process. Its purpose is to ensure purchasing procedures are standard, consistent and conducted in a fair and impartial manner. To accomplish this, it is critical for contracting professionals in the government and private sector to have a working knowledge of the source document—the FAR. Ignorance of the rules can lead to costly and undesirable outcomes. This webinar is designed to teach government and private sector contracting professionals techniques to efficiently and effectively maneuver through the extensive number of clauses and provisions in order to select the right clauses and correct procedures applicable to their contract.
Why Fun with the FAR is unique and valuable:
- Study Guides/Workbooks. A great preparation tool before the session and resource after the session.
- Active Listening & Participation. Information shared through active conversation between host, guest, and participants rather than lecture.
- FAR Facts. Summary documents of important key points are provided after each session.
- Networking Opportunities. PCI has developed a special LinkedIn site for participants to interact with each other and instructors throughout the year. The site will also be used to update folks on FAR-related topics throughout the year.
- Access & Interaction with Experts. Before, during, and after the session our experts will help you understand and navigate the FAR! Plus, you have unlimited access to all recordings and resource materials in our comprehensive on-line library.
And, we have Fun!
- Trivia, Prizes, and More. For added fun, our instructors ask both Contracting and Pop Culture trivia, giving out lots of prizes each week. Prizes include t-shirts, golf shirts, umbrellas, shopping bags, coffee mugs and the ever-popular FUN with the FAR Stress Toy!
Season 9 Features!
- Extended Sessions. Sessions will run 12:00-1:40; an extra ten minutes to earn two full CPE credits per session; 52 CPEs for the year.
- Updated Study Guides and Title Slides. While we intentionally do not teach via PowerPoint slides, this year we have developed “fun” transition slides to help you follow along with your updated workbook outlines.
- Always Fresh. Our experts update the materials each year to reflect the cutting edge in government contracting. Keep your team up-to-date on the latest changes to the FAR as our instructors cover yearly changes and address new developments in real time.
- Customized Learning. Participants will help develop the focus of instruction through surveys and direct feedback to instructor prior to each session.
*Please see schedule tab for list of class dates. Occasionally the sessions are held either one or three weeks apart to accommodate holidays.
- Learn how to navigate the FAR to work effectively and efficiently in the acquisition of supplies, services and construction.
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of how to research, interpret and apply the rules correctly.
- Understand why knowledge of the regulations is so critical to the success of each acquisition and contract
- Gain confidence and familiarity with every section of the FAR to:
- select the right clauses.
- identify the correct procedures to get the best possible contract and remain in compliance.
- Learn best in class acquisition and contracting methods.
- And much, much more!