- This event has passed.
Government Contracting Executive Briefings Series
June 3, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm$1445
The Government Contracting Executive Briefings course is a series composed of 90-minute sessions covering “need to know” topics in the field of government contracts. Government contracting can often seem overwhelming due to the technical nature, array of statutes, rules, guidance and contract types, and ever-changing legal landscape.
Any party working with the government must understand these principles to capture business, anticipate risks and effectively respond to issues as they arise. Whether you are new to the field or have decades of experience and need a refresher course with updates to keep current, this series will provide comprehensive summaries of the issues relevant to government contracts in easily understandable, quick sessions.
Topics to be covered include the rules applicable to government contracts, bid protests, claims, RFPs, proposal evaluations, conflicts of interest, cybersecurity requirements, teaming agreements, costs and pricing, intellectual property, dispute resolution with government customers, affirmative action and equal employment requirements, ethics and investigations, “other transactions,” supply chain requirements, domestic sourcing rules, and small business preference programs.
- Feb 4– The Ground Rules (primary statutes, regulations, The Christian Doctrine, etc.)
- Feb 18– RFPs and Proposal Evaluations
- Mar 4– Personal & Organizational Conflicts of Interest
- Mar 18– DFARS & CMMC Cybersecurity Requirements
- Apr 1– Teaming Agreements
- Apr 15– Government Contract Costs
- May 6– Intellectual Property & Data Rights
- May 20 – How to Effectively Negotiate Changes and Resolve Disputes with Government Customers
- June 3– Federal Affirmative Action Plans & Equal Employment Opportunity Requirements
- June 17– Bid Protests
- July 15– Other Transactions
- Aug 19– Securing Supply Chain requirements
- Sept 2– Domestic Sourcing requirements (e.g., Buy American)
- Sept 16– Small Business Contracting and Subcontracting
- Oct 7– REAs, Claims and Disputes
- Oct 21– Internal Investigations & How to Avoid False Claims Act Violations