- This event has passed.
Negotiation Strategies and Techniques
December 2, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
One event on December 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
One event on December 3, 2020 at 11:00 am
One event on December 4, 2020 at 11:00 am
This course is divided into two parts. The first part is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the qualities of an effective negotiator, with examples rooted in the government contracting process. The second part focuses on the negotiation process itself—the preparation stage, the actual negotiation, and the techniques for ensuring that the deal is closed once and closed correctly. Class discussion and case studies underscore the importance of the principles covered in the lecture.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
- 13 CLEs
- 16 CLPs
This course is eligible for 16.00 CPEs
George Mason University Continuing and Professional Education (formerly George Mason University Executive and Professional Education) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417.
- Recognize the traits that make an effective negotiator
- Apply the principles taught in the program to your own negotiations
- Determine effective negotiation practices
- Identify different agenda approaches that can be used to meet your goals
- Recognize and defeat strategies being used against you
- Analyze the human element of a negotiation, often the most important element