- This event has passed.
Nuts and Bolts of the SCA
June 22 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on June 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Compliance with the Service Contract Act (SCA), now referred to as the Service Contract Labor Standards, is a challenge for many companies. Understanding applicability, wage determinations, health and welfare benefits, and leave can cause major headaches. If these were not enough, non-compliance may lead to a Department of Labor (DOL) audit.
In this session we will focus on important SCA compliance principles and discuss strategies for avoiding liability.
- SCA applicability and exceptions;
- SCA obligations;
- Mapping to a correct labor category;
- Discharging fringe benefit obligations;
- Common SCA issues and pitfalls;
- DOL audit risk and exposure; and
- Price adjustments.