Pathways to Government Contracting: Negotiating Subcontractor Terms and Conditions
July 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$179.00
Jan 12 – Simplified Acquisition Procedures and Commercial Items
- Commercial Items and COTS
- The Simplified Acquisition Threshold
- The Micropurchase Threshold and the P-Card
Feb 9 – Small Business Eligibility
- What is a “small” business and why does it matter? NAICS Codes and Size Standards
- What are “set aside” contracts?
- Learn the eligibility requirements for 8(a), HUBZone, VOSB/SDVOSB and EDOWSB programs
- Do a deep dive into “unconditional” ownership and control issues affecting eligibility
- Learn about the issue of affiliation
- Identify most common eligibility pitfalls and how to avoid them
March 9 – SBIR Contracting
- What is the SBIR/STTR Program
- What are the Phases?
- Subcontracting with SBIR Phase II and III Recipients
April 13 – Other Transaction Agreements
- OTA Basics
- What is research and prototyping?
- What is a non-traditional contractor?
- Competition in award and sole-source follow-on contracts
- Consortium and non-consortium based OTAs
May 11 – JVs for Large and Small Contractors
- Who uses Teaming and Joint Ventures?
- What is Teaming, and how is it different than Subcontracting, or Joint Ventures?
- How to choose what partnering strategy (Teaming v. JV) is right for you.
- What does the Mentor Protégé program have to do with JVs? Plus a brief overview of the program.
- How does a JV become and stay eligible for small business (and specific types) of set aside contracts?
- An overview of recent regulatory changes in this area of law.
June 8 – IP in Government Contracting
- Preserving Rights to Inventions Conceived or First Reduced to Practice under Government Funded Contracts and Grants (Understanding Bayh-Dole)
- Strategies to Protecting Rights in IP Used, Modified or Improved with Government Funding
- Ownership and License Rights to Technical Data and Computer Software under the FAR/DFARS
- Licensing IP associated with Commercial Items
- Rights of Subcontractors to IP Produced Under the Subcontract
- Government Contractor Rights to Indemnification against Infringement Suits by Third Parties
July 13 – Negotiating Subcontractor Terms and Conditions
- The Need for a Negotiated Agreement
- The Most Important Terms That Require Negotiation
- Mandatory vs. Permissive Flow-Downs
- Courted as a Small Business – Don’t Represent Until You Know the Affiliation Rules
- Update on Section 889 – A Possible Barrier to Entry at All Tiers