- This event has passed.
The Executive Briefing: Government Contracting Overview & Update
May 25, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$75
Executives are busy people. Our Senior Executive Briefing is designed to acquaint executives with the world of Government contracting, helping them understand why it is so different from the commercial sector. We explain the statutory and regulatory backdrop, and we describe the major players in the life of a government contract. We also describe the peculiar process that the government uses to award its contracts, the possibility of a bid protest, and what to expect after a contract is awarded. Finally, we explain the increasing role that ethical issues have taken, and how these issues can affect a company’s chances for success. Many of the topics we will discuss are the subjects of day-long programs, but this overview will provide an executive with the background needed to recognize potential problems early and to ask the right questions when faced with decisions involving government contracts.
- Understanding the “big picture”
- Learning the major differences between commercial contracting and Government contracting
- Learning the “buzzwords” and acronyms of Government contracting
- Learning about the statutes and regulations that permeate Government contracting
- Understanding the procurement process
- Demystifying bid protests
- Learning about the culture of Government contracting