The FAR Workshop: Practical Applications & More
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
This course is a fast-paced interactive seminar that examines the organization, content, policy and procedures of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it applies to Federal acquisition. It is designed for new professionals in both government and industry, as well as those who want to build familiarity with, or update themselves on, the Federal Government’s regulatory system. Those who participate actively in the contract administration process will receive the most direct benefit, but anyone who is a player in government contracting needs to have a basic understanding of the Government’s guiding “rulebook.” The course includes a review of the topical divisions of the FAR and exercises for participants to practice analyzing FAR-centered contracting issues.
- Identify the foundations, the organization, and principles of the FAR in order to locate, understand, interpret and use it in executing business transactions in government contracting.
- Analyze the “why” of the policies, processes and procedures set out in the FAR in order to better understand the latitude and constraints of executing contracts involving the expenditure of public funds.
- Increase professional understanding of the acquisition system as well as build skills to train, mentor and coach others in usage of the FAR.
- Improve the participant’s ability to add value through their role in the acquisition process.
- Make the FAR your friend, rather than the monster hiding under your bed.