- This event has passed.
The PCI FAR and DFARS Update
August 26, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
One event on August 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on December 2, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Seemingly as inexorable as death and taxes, the FAR and DFARS are constantly changing. While some changes are mundane, others are critically important. It can be difficult to track and stay on top of the updates, sift through the noise, and focus on the changes that matter most to your business. Join the Dentons US LLP Government Contracts Team as we target and discuss the most important and impactful recent updates to the FAR and DFARS. For this session, Joe Martinez, Phil Seckman, and DeAnna Hamilton will discuss updates that have occurred since early 2020, including:
- Developments regarding cybersecurity regulations, including DIBCAC reviews, CMMC, and the Cyberspace Solarium Commission
- Implementation of Section 889A and Section 889B regarding Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services, as well as DOD’s implementation regarding Covered Defense Telecommunications Equipment or Services
- Updates regarding commercial item contracting and subcontracting
- Updates to the threshold for obtaining certified cost or pricing data under the Truthful Cost or Pricing Data Act (commonly known as “TINA”)
- DOD’s rulemaking relating to noncommercial computer software, negotiation of price for technical data, preference for specially negotiated licenses, validation of proprietary and technical data
- An overview of DOD’s Guidance and Class Deviation regarding Section 3610 relief under the CARES Act
- Discussion of the most important provisions in the FY 2021 NDAA
This will be the beginning of a series that will provide you with an effective and efficient way to remain updated on the most significant developments.
All sessions run from 1:00pm-2:30pm