- This event has passed.
Government Contracts Administration
February 17 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
One event on February 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on March 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Okay, the government has awarded you a contract. What happens now? Our popular Contract Administration training is now available virtually with live instruction over the course of 3 weeks/sessions. You can attend in person at PCI in Washington, DC or virtually from any computer.
This course focuses on the major aspects of contract administration, and the working relationship between the government and the contractor. We will address the rules governing directed and constructive changes, requests for equitable adjustments and claims, delays, inspection and acceptance, terminations for convenience and default, contract closeout, compliance requirements, and best practices in contract administration. Students will learn the fundamental legal principles the courts and boards of contract appeals apply in interpreting the major clauses that impact contract administration.
- Understand government roles and responsibilities
- Identify constructive changes.
- Identify excusable delays and suspensions of work.
- Learn the rules governing inspection, acceptance and warranties.
- Identify the grounds for default termination.
- Learn the rules governing terminations for convenience.
- Determine how to price adjustments.
- Learn about compliance rules and risks
- Understand best practices in contract administration
Dates & Topics
Session 1: February 3, 2022 (EDT)
- Government Contracting is Different
- The Personnel
- Managing Contract Changes
- Government Monitoring, Inspection and Acceptance
Session 2: February 17, 2022 (EDT)
- Terminations for Convenience
- Terminations for Default
- Contract Closeout
Session 3: March 3, 2022 (EDT)
- Suspension and Debarment
- Best Practices in Contract Administration