- This event has passed.
Pathways to Government Contracting 2022: JVs for Large and Small Contractors
January 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The unique regulatory landscape of Government Contracting makes it difficult for new or commercial businesses to enter the space. Fortunately, the Government has created several programs to assist companies looking to enter the Federal market. These opportunities certainly help these new-entrants. However, they also provide subcontracting opportunities for more traditional government contractors. Join PilieroMazza’s Cy Alba and Anna Wright as they explore how both new market entrants and existing contractors looking to subcontract may use these unique programs to create opportunities that help both classes of company.
Third Tuesday of the Month
All Sessions 12:00-1:30pm
- 1/18: JVs for Large and Small Contractors
- What are Joint Ventures
- How do they different from teaming agreements?
- Who uses Joint Ventures?
- JV Advantages and Disadvantages
- A Brief Overview of the Mentor Protégé Program
- 2/22: SBIR Contracting
- What is the SBIR/STTR Program
- What are the Phases?
- Subcontracting with SBIR Phase II and III Recipients
- 3/15: Other Transactional Agreements
- OTA Basics
- What is research and prototyping?
- What is a non-traditional contractor?
- Competition in award and sole-source follow-on contracts
- Consortium and non-consortium based OTAs
- 4/19: Getting into GSA Schedule Contracting
- What is a GSA schedule?
- Who should get a GSA schedule?
- How to get a GSA Schedule
- 5/17: New Contractor Hazards
- Section 889
- PPP Forgiveness and DCAA
- Affiliation (as a small business issue)
- Recertification (as a small business issue)
- Data Rights considerations
- 6/12: Simplified Acquisition Procedures & Commercial Items
- Commercial Items and COTS
- The Simplified Acquisition Threshold
- The Micropurchase Threshold and the P-Card