- This event has passed.
Pathways To Government Contracting
August 9, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
One event on May 10, 2021 at 11:30 am
One event on June 14, 2021 at 11:30 am
One event on July 12, 2021 at 11:30 am
One event on August 9, 2021 at 11:30 am
The unique regulatory landscape of Government Contracting makes it difficult for new or commercial businesses to enter the space. Fortunately, the Government has created several programs to assist companies looking to enter the Federal market. These opportunities certainly help these new-entrants. However, they also provide subcontracting opportunities for more traditional government contractors. Join PilieroMazza’s Cy Alba and Anna Wright as they explore how both new market entrants and existing contractors looking to subcontract may use these unique programs to create opportunities that help both classes of company.
All programs, 11:30am-1:00pm.
- What are Joint Ventures?
- How do they different from teaming agreements?
- Who uses Joint Ventures?
- JV Advantages and Disadvantages
- A Brief Overview of the Mentor Protégé Program
- What is the SBIR/STTR Program
- What are the Phases?
- Subcontracting with SBIR Phase II and III Recipients
Jun 14: Other Transaction Agreements
- OTA Basics
- What is research and prototyping?
- What is a non-traditional contractor?
- Competition in award and sole-source follow-on contracts
- Consortium and non-consortium based OTAs
- What is a GSA schedule?
- Who should get a GSA schedule?
- How to get a GSA Schedule
- Section 889
- PPP Forgiveness and DCAA
- Affiliation (as a small business issue)
- Recertification (as a small business issue)
- Data Rights considerations