- This event has passed.
CAS: The Series 2023 – Cost Accounting Practice Changes & Administration
July 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$99.00
A 12-Episode interactive, and dare we say “fun”, series that guide students through the background and requirements of the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Each hour long episode of CAS – The Series will focus on a bite size element of one of the most complex and challenging accounting rules facing government contractors. Each element will be laid out and explained in plain English – with a minimal use of confusing acronyms and GovCon lexicon (we will have some – can’t help it – but students are encouraged to ask questions to keep the instructor honest). Each episode will cover elements of the CAS ranging from applicability to contracts, to types of CAS coverage, disclosure requirements, administration and of course – a comprehensive discussion on each of the individual 19 Standards – and a few that never made it such as that elusive CAS 419.
Our goal for CAS – The Series is KISMIF: Keep It Simple and Make it Fun. When you attend CAS – The Series, not only can you earn 19.2 CPE, but you will have the opportunity to submit questions before each session and ask questions during live sessions. Our instructor has tremendous experience with CAS, training and bringing a little humor and light to an otherwise dry and challenging topic. Please join us starting this June for CAS – The Series.
CAS: The Series 2023
Second and Fourth Thursday of the Month, 2:00 pm -3:30 pm (ET)
12 Sessions, from July to December
- Jul 13 – CAS Clauses and Exemptions and Full/Modified CAS Coverage
- Jul 27 – Cost Accounting Practice Changes & Administration
- Aug 10 – Modified CAS – CAS 401, 402, 405 and 406
- Aug 24 – Compensation – CAS 408, 412, 413 & 415
- Sep 14 – Direct and Indirect Costs – CAS 418
- Sep 28 – Home office allocations – CAS 403
- Oct 12 – G&A and B&P/IR&D – CAS 410 & 420
- Oct 26 – COM and Standard Costs – CAS 407, 414 & 417
- Nov 9 – Assets & Material – CAS 404, 409 & 411
- Nov 30 – Insurance and CAS 419 – CAS 416 and the mystery of CAS 419
- Dec 14 – Disclosure Statements
- Dec 28 – CAS Administration – Roles of DCMA & DCAA