- This event has passed.
Event Series: Negotiations Strategies and Techniques
Negotiations Strategies and Techniques
March 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm$755
This course is divided into two parts. The first part is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the qualities of an effective negotiator, with examples rooted in the government contracting process. The second part focuses on the negotiation process itself—the preparation stage, the actual negotiation, and the techniques for ensuring that the deal is closed once and closed correctly. Class discussion and case studies underscore the importance of the principles covered in the lecture.
- Recognize the traits that make an effective negotiator
- Apply the principles taught in the program to your own negotiations
- Determine effective negotiation practices
- Identify different agenda approaches that can be used to meet your goals
- Recognize and defeat strategies being used against you
- Analyze the human element of a negotiation, often the most important element